We're Open at 50% Capacity Beginning On June 15, 2020
Updated: June 12, 2020
Starting Monday, June 15th Das Rec will increase capacities to 50%. Most procedures will stay the same, but a few things will change to accommodate the new capacities.
- Monday – Friday 5am-11am
Closed for Cleaning 11am-12pm & 4-5pm
- Saturday/Sunday 7am-1pm
Closed for Cleaning 1-2pm
- Cleaning Closures – we are transitioning to two intermission cleanings per day. In addition to the two closures, staff cleanings will be performed on a continuous basis throughout the day with disinfectant approved by the EPA. Furthermore, Das Rec has hired an overnight custodial company to assist in disinfecting the facility.
- No Reservation Needed – with the new capacity limits, we will no longer require reservations for members wanting to use the facility. Upon check in, please let our greeter know which area you will be using during your visit. The team member will let you know if there is space available in this section prior to entry. Reservations will still be required for group exercise.
- Group Exercise Classes – Although we are limited in our offerings to maintain 50% capacity, we will offer a few more group exercises classes. We are asking members to bring their own mat for yoga and Pilates classes and make a reservation for each class.
- M-F 8am Class on in the Green Gym
- T/W/TH 8am Aqua Class in the Leisure Pool
- M-TH 5pm Class in the Group Exercise Studio
- M-TH 6:30pm Class in the Group Exercise Studio
- The Slide and Spray Feature will be OPEN – We know your kids have been waiting for this, we are excited to announce the slide and spray feature will both be open during family swim time!
- Temperature Checks Will Continue – We will continue to administer temperature checks. In addition to temperature checks, we are asking all members to self-screen prior to entering Das Rec. A self-screening checklist is provided by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas.
- Gloves while Exercising – Members will not be required to wear gloves while exercising. Should you choose to follow Governor Abbott’s recommendations, gloves will be allowed on the fitness floor.
- Masks – Masks are not required but are recommended. Please know that if you see any Das Rec staff wearing a mask, they have a big smile underneath!
- Continued Facebook Live Classes – these classes have continued to be extremely popular, and we plan to continue offering these.
Amenities Unavailable at this Time:
- Kinder Care – We will not be offering Kinder Care at this time.
- Locker Rooms and Showers – Access to lockers rooms and showers will not be available. Restrooms will still available. Please come dressed for your activity.
- Coffee Service – Complimentary coffee services are suspended at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Seating – We know you like to hang out at Das Rec but for the time being, all seating in the lobby and hallways have been removed to reduce touchpoints.
As restrictions and limitations for the State of Texas evolve, so will our guidelines. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these everchanging circumstances. Please remember, we are all in this together, let’s continue to be kind to one another by practicing the following member responsibilities:
- Social distancing markers and notifications are posted through the facility. Please practice staying 6 feet away from other members and employees.
- Due to the occupancy limits we are asking members to keep their workouts in each area to one hour. Please limit your time on cardio equipment to thirty minutes or less.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the facility for 14 days or you have tested negative for COVID-19.
Still not Ready to Return to Das Rec?
We understand not everyone is going to be ready to return at this time and are happy to suspend your membership until you and your family feel safe. Please visit our online form to complete the membership suspension form.rong>our online form to complete the membership suspension form.