We’ve missed you, Das family, and on Monday, May 18th Das Rec will reopen our doors at 25% capacity following standards provided by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas.
As always, the safety of our members and staff is of upmost importance to us. In order to limit the risk of COVID-19, in addition to maintaining a safe social distance of 6-feet, we will be implementing new temporary guidelines during this time.
At this time, we Das Rec will only be open to current membership holders. We are not accepting new memberships, nor are we selling day passes until further notice.
Das Rec Protective Measures:
- Gloves while Exercising – After consulting with local health officials, members will not be required to wear gloves while exercising. Should you choose to follow Governor Abbott’s recommendations, gloves will be allowed on the fitness floor.
- Masks – Masks are not required but are recommended. Please know that if you see any Das Rec staff wearing a mask, they have a big smile underneath!
- Self-screening – Please self-screen prior to entering Das Rec. A self-screening checklist is provided by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas. Click here for the checklist for gym and exercise facility patrons.
- Credit Card Only – We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time we are not accepting cash.
- Temperature Screening – All guests and employees will be screened for temperature prior to entering the building. This is to provide one extra layer of protection for our favorite people – you! Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will be asked to skip their visit and return once they are fever free for 72 hours.
- Facility Reservation Required – Members will reserve space at Das Rec in 2-hour time increments. This will ensure the equipment and area of Das Rec you wish to use will be available to you when you arrive. Some equipment and activities will be limited or not allowed at this time.
- After every 2-hour time slot, the facility will close for a 30-minute cleaning intermission for cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Registration instructions coming soon!
- Reduced Group Exercise Classes – In order for Das Rec to maintain 25% capacity, we will offer a reduced number of group exercises classes. All classes will be formatted to use only body weight, members are asked to bring their own mat for yoga classes.
- M-F: 8:00 a.m. Class on the Back Lawn
- T/TH: 8:00 a.m. Aqua Class in the Leisure Pool
- M-TH: 6:00 pm Class in the Green Gym
- Continued Facebook Live Classes – We appreciate your attendance at our online classes. These have proved to be be extremely popular, and we plan to continue offering these.
- Additional policies per area – Each area of our facility has new rules and procedures for COVID-19. Click here to take a look at our additional policies per facility area.
Unavailable Amenities at This Time:
- Kinder Care – We love your kids, but we will not be offering Kinder Care at this time.
- Locker Rooms and Showers – Per the Governor’s orders, access to lockers rooms and showers will not be available upon reopening. Restrooms will still be available. Please come dressed for your activity.
- Coffee Service – Complimentary coffee services are suspended at this time in order to reduce touch points. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Seating –We know you like to hang out at Das Rec but for the time being, all seating in the lobby and hallways have been removed, again to reduce touch points.
- Water Fountains – Water fountains in the facility will be unavailable but our no touch water bottle filler will be available.
- New Memberships – We apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time Das Rec is only open to current members and we will not be selling new memberships nor are we selling day passes at this time.
Membership Billing Plan Questions:
As we start back up on May 18th, members will not be charged for May 18 – 31. This is a credit being applied to all members for the time that we lost in March (Das Rec closed on March 16 and members had paid for the full month on March 1).
- Monthly Memberships – We have suspended billing for April and May. We will not reinstate billing until June 1st.
- Memberships Paid in Full (Annual Members) – we plan to credit memberships to make up for the time we were closed. We will automatically put the credit on your account, and you can use it towards the purchase your next annual membership, or we can process a refund at your request.
- Members not ready to return to Das Rec – We understand not everyone is going to be ready to return at this time and are happy to suspend your membership until you and your family feel safe. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we send you a copy of our membership suspension form.
- Additional Questions/Concerns – contact us at email@example.com and we will assist on a case by case basis.
Be Safe. Be Well. Be Kind.
As restrictions and limitations for the State of Texas evolve, so will our guidelines. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these ever changing circumstances. Please remember be safe, be well and be kind. Adjusting to a “new normal” does not look the same for everyone. We are all in this together, let’s continue to be kind to one another.
Here are some ways you can be safe, be well, and be kind:
- Scrub Up – Wash your hands before and after working out.
- Clean Before and After – Wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Practice Physical Distancing – Keep a safe distance, at least 6 feet.
- Take a Rest Day – Stay home if you’re not feeling well.