Food for Thought
Das Rec hosts “Food for Thought,” a community lunch and learn series giving local businesses and organizations the opportunity to present educational, health-focused information to Das Rec members on the third Friday of every month. The program runs September through May each year, breaking during the summer months (June, July, and August).
Business/organizations must complete an application and be approved by Das Rec management. Once approved, the business/organization will be provided with available dates to choose from. The “Bite-Sized Learning” a community lunch and learn series will be promoted to the Das Rec membership base of 14,000 people via print, social media and through our email newsletter.
Guidelines & Eligibility Requirements
- Business/organization must be located within the corporate city limits of New Braunfels.
- Business/organization must provide an education topic, session description and outcomes related to health and wellness.
- Business/organization is not required to provide lunch for the group but must notate on the application if they will or will not provide lunch. If lunch is provided it must be catered or box lunches, food cannot be self-prepared.
- Once approved, the business/organization must provide a high-resolution logo to be used on promotional materials.
- Business/organization is not permitted to sell anything or take donations of any kind.
- Business/organization absenteeism without prior notification will result in not being considered for the program the following year.
- Business/organization is responsible for leaving room clean.
Applications may be turned in directly to Das Rec or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.